Train the Trainer
- Course Duration2 days
- Price£425 + VAT per person. IN-HOUSE TRAINING - £1595 + VAT for up to 10 delegates
How will this course help you?
The current economic climate means that more and more companies are looking to bring their training programmes in house. This is a great idea - after all, someone internal will know much more about the workings of the organisation than an external provider.
However, if you have been earmarked to deliver this training, you may be slightly daunted by the prospect! You have the knowledge and the expertise but can you deliver the message effectively in a training room?
Never fear! We offer a comprehensive 2 day course designed to help you overcome all the barriers that you might encounter in a training room. You will leave our programme enthused, inspired and ready to deliver training in a professional and effective manner.
No previous experience of training is required, but those with previous experience will also find the course rewarding.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe the research you need to do before designing a training event
- Identify different learning styles and understand how these influence training design
- List the key steps in designing a training event
- Use many useful trainer tools and techniques that will enable you to DELIVER a fully interactive training event.
- Understand the importance of evaluating training
It's not what we do; it's the way that we do it...
As with all our courses, our mission to provide "entertaining training" will drive this interactive event. However, just as importantly, the workshop structure will always be logical, easy to follow and broken down into bite-size objectives.
Day 1 - Training Design
Considerations in training design:
- The needs of the individual and the organisation
- Helps and Hinders to learning
- Resources and constraints
Setting training objectives
- Being "SMART"
- How do people learn?
Making a start
- Developing the content
- Setting a timetable for the event
- Choosing appropriate methods of training
- Materials and resources required
- Writing notes
Preparing for a training event
- Preparing the people
- Preparing the venue
- Preparing the material
Different skills required of a trainer
- Effective opening of a training event
- Communicating with a group
- Presenting effectively
- Leading a discussion
- Facilitation skills and techniques
- Use of exercises and activities
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Handling the group
Group Exercises - "Let's have a go..."
- Delegates will work in small groups
- Within the set assignments, different aspects of training are thoroughly explored
- The session is full of surprises, and is specifically designed to reinforce all of the areas covered in the workshop
- The trainers will be on hand at all times to offer support, advice and useful pointers!
Where? When? How much?
For in-house training, this course is currently charged at £1595 + VAT. Up to 10 delegates may attend the session, making this a cost effective way of training your staff. All costs are based on carrying out training at your premises - we ask you to provide the training room and flip chart. Depending upon location and timings, a contribution towards travel and accommodation may be requested, but these will be agreed with you before your order is confirmed.
This workshop is run regularly at a venue within easy reach of the M1 junction 24 and East Midlands airport. The cost is £425 (+VAT) per delegate, inclusive of refreshments and lunches.